|Don Holzschuh information,Don Holzschuh history,Don Holzschuh bioDon Holzschuh
|Born in 1955,Saint Paul
Minneapolis College Art &
Minnetonka Art Center
Exhibitions of works
Saint Paul Minnesota
New York City, New York
- 1974 Starts painting outdoors
- 1974 attends Minneapolis College Art &design
- 1976 attends Minnetonka Art Center
- 1977 Starts career as a pyrotechnic which lasts for the next 10 years
- 1978 Help found the Art punk band the Warheads uses art performances as center point
- the band last until 1987. One recording "Where were you ? When we were cool"
First exhibit in Minneapolis gallery at the Richard Barry gallery a group show
- 1980 Moves studio to Minneapolis to the skunk house, Which is the first of many
studios in the warehouse district others The Harmony building ( The Replacements
recorded" Hello this Minneapolis police the party's over was recorded for a rent party ")
The Wewa, an artist coop the Wilenskys
Organize with Chuck Fred ( Tom Taylor) the Underground Art Fair
Works on the publication Minnesota design as fashion illustrator and arts editor
- 1985 exhibits at the Bockley gallery
- 1987 daughter born Alexandra
- 1988 shows at Flanders Contemporary Arts
- 1990 First painting trip to Bretgane in France with several other artist This is the first of
many trips to France and The Netherlands to paint.
- Organize "The Open Air Show " at Wilenskys Arts It's an open exhibit for painters doing
works on location
- 1990 - present works on location
- exhibited his works in more than 65 exhibits in the United States, France , Netherlands & Belgium
Works produced in the following mediums. Oils watercolours gauchee pastels graphic.
Oil Paintings open aire, Studio from life and from studies.
Watercolours, Mono prints,Painted slip ware,drawings, Pastels,Oil pastels,Sculpture
Performance art (late 70's)
Photo by Ruud Berens Don Holzschuh in Maastricht, NL
Works produced in the following areas. Painting trips
United States: Minnesota City of Minneapolis,Saint Paul. Lake Minnetonka area, Sterns
County,Hennipen,Carver. Brown,Pipestone, Washington,Saint Louis,Cook Wisconsin:
Milwaukee,Fox Point,Cumberland, Kansas The Flint Hills, New Mexico: Superstition Mountains.
South Dakota,:Siseton Hills. Colorado Aspen Alabama,Fort Payne, Iowa, Northeastern
France: Grace Uzel, Pontivy, Treve, Loudeac, Bretange. Paris, Bordeaux area, Cannes
Netherlands: Maastricht,Amsterdam, Belgium: Ghent
Studios: Minneapolis The Skunkhouse, Harmony,Wewa, Wilenskys and Florence Hill studio
|Exhibits organized The Underground Art Fair, Cool Pop Happing, Open Aire Painting show,
Open Print show.
Printed media that the artist appeared in ; The Window magazine, Your Flesh, Articles of reviews
of shows Minnesota Daily The Star tribune,Art News, Saint Paul Pioneer Press,City Pages The
Reader Skyway News Mpls STP magazine. The Reader, Lansing Press,The Limburg Dagbald